The last few days have been pretty darn boring here in Houston Texas.
Why, you ask? Because it's been pouring down rain constantly, and my wife and I are running out of movies to watch. I mean, it feels like we've seen everything on Netflix!
Do you ever get bored? If so, what do you do to keep from going crazy? Whether withstanding, here's a list of five things to do when you're bored stupid in Taipei. Read, and enjoy!
1. Purchase an MRT day pass and ride the lines from one end to the other. There are tons of stops, do why not check them all out! Who knows, you may just find an interesting place that you never knew existed.
(Picture from Taipei MRT)
2. Go to the ESLITE department store in Xingyi District.
There are always exhibitions going on, good foods to eat in the food court, lots of interesting and novel stores, and of course the largest bookstore in Taiwan! They're usually open to 2AM(just the book store), so it's great for those of you who suffer from insomnia.
3. Go to the night market. Any of them. Heck, make it a night market night and hit up all of them! Everybody loves going to Shilin Night Market, but that's not the only good one. I used to love going to Tonghua Night Market and Shida Night Zmarket, since they were the closest ones to my home. There's also tons more that are worth a visit.
（Picture form here）
4. Take a walk through the beautiful Da'an Forest Park. It's a fun place to go in the morning on weekends, since there are always lots of families there, playing, laughing and eating. It's even easier to get there now that they gave finished constructing the new(ish) MRT station there.
(Picture from here)
5. Call up a friend and go to an all-you-can-eat BBQ restaurant. It's fun, because you get to barbecue everything yourself. It's a lot more fun than just eating out, since you're doing the cooking, and it's a great fun with a group of friends telling stories and joking. You can conveniently find places like this in Gonguan and Ximen. Try it, you won't be disappointed!
These are just five suggestions of fun activities for when you're bored in Taipei, try them out and let me know what you think. Also feel free to share with us your favorite thing to do when you're bored to tears!